Monday, December 6, 2010

My poor, little neglected blog

I started this blog on a whim, a frenzied whim, that was preceded by many days and weeks of thought, and reading of others' blogs and lots of thinking "that looks fun" and "what a nice creative outlet" and "maybe one day I'll be like Pioneer Woman". And then, like with many things in life, I lost focus, lost track and lost interest.

Unfortunately, despite my many good qualities, one of the bad qualities that really sticks out to me is the fact that I don't really invest myself in many things. My family? YES. My friends? Totally. My job? Eh. I like it and it's a good place to be and I'm beyond thankful for it, but it's not my life's work or anything. Hobbies? Projects? New ideas??? I'm all full-steam ahead and then poof! What blog? I started a blog? Oh, yeah. I did. Oops.

My husband says that I have ADD, and while I've never been diagnosed, I can see where he gets the impression. I'm a master at multi-tasking, but only for a minute, and then there's something else shinier and prettier that catches my attention and I'm off to the races again.

Sigh.

I want to be focused and successful. I want to have this blog read by lots of people and entertain the masses and all that jazz. I want to do a million fabulous things, all before I'm 40. Cause when you're 40, you're too old to start anything new.

Haha. Just kidding! It doesn't happen until you're 50 :)

Now that I've alienated every woman over the age of 40 (not that any of them are reading my blog), let's continue, shall we?

I guess I wanted to get this off my chest and down in black and white, because I haven't been feeling that I had anything "important" to write about. What's wrong with that statement is that my life, the tiny details, the funny thing that monkey says on the way home, is blog-worthy. It's MY blog. No one is critiquing (at least not yet - Thanks, Anne!) what I'm writing, or the "importance" of it all, and it's likely that no one ever will - blogs are tiny glimpses into people, their thoughts, recipes, disasters, triumphs and heartbreaks.

If it was meaningful or funny or poignant or just plain goofy, it's worth writing about, and it's worth reading about. Some days I read blogs about cooking and get inspired. Not that Susie Q's macaroni and cheese is earth-shattering, but I saw it, read the recipe and wanted to get up off the couch and make it. Susie probably lives is Saskatchewan and will never have any idea who I am or that I made her mac and cheese, but hey, that's what comments are for!

Time next time, dear reader(s)!

Trying to keep the ADD under control,

Promise to blog again before 2011,

C

1 comment:

  1. Wait......I commented on this blog this morning, I know I did. AND I saw it posted! Did you delete it Cindy? LOL Kidding....

    I'll be checking back to make sure you post again this month! :)

    ReplyDelete