Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Bread and cheese and pasta with vitamins thrown in to avoid scurvy. Amen.

No, this is not the newest recipe in my repertoire! Although....No. No, I'm just kidding.

I stole this statement from a good friend, but it basically sums up my feelings on food these days. Whatever I can get my hands on would probably more accurately sum it up, but this sounds much better than that.

I know I'm not the only food-lover that struggles with their weight. I know that people on TV aren't always the healthiest or as skinny as they look (dubious belief...ahem GiadadeLaurentiis ahem). I know that my pants size or the number on the scale shouldn't dictate how I feel about myself, but some days, it does. Today, luckily has been a cute and sassy day. Did my hair, extra time on the makeup, good outfit on, etc.

Some days, though...

Well, those days are "wish-I-could-live-in-my-PJ's-and-not-leave-the-house-and-not-let-anyone-see-me" days. I feel huge and frumpy and dumpy and basically unattractive. But still I eat. And cook. And bake. And I dream up new cupcake combinations to try when I have the opportunity. I read cooking blogs and recipe websites and even when I'm feeling like I shouldn't ever have another bite of cake, EVER, my brain says "hmmm...I wonder if that Snickers filling would do okay in the middle of a cupcake...maybe I should try it on ice cream first..."
Really, C???

Sigh.

I love the food.

That is all - just putting it out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment